175 W Jackson Blvd, 2nd Floor
Job Category: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 559033
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
*Bachelor’s in Accounting/Finance/Business or related
*General understanding of GAAP
*Sharp written and verbal communication
*Excel – pivot and vlookups
*Financial Services industry
The Finance department strives to maintain a strong financial foundation by managing the production of accurate, thorough, and timely financial information for all of entities. More specifically, we execute the day-to-day financial operations (cash management, accounts payable, client billing, payroll, general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation, daily P&L and regulatory capital calculations, etc.) We are also responsible for all regulatory compliance from a finance perspective and file monthly, quarterly and annual reports with various regulatory authorities.
We are seeking an achievement oriented, proactive contributor who possesses a strong understanding of accounting and finance principles. This person would interact with all business lines of the firm, with plenty of opportunity for growth. The position would work collaboratively with all members of the Finance team, as well as communicating with personnel in various departments to accomplish different projects and initiatives.
- Perform treasury duties as assigned, including, but not limited to preparing and recording wire transfers, initiation of bank transfers, and application of receipts.
- Prepare and analyze the firm-wide daily product P&L report.
- Perform monthly “closing of the books” functions, including the preparation of various journal entries and reconciliation of trade accounts.
- Engage in various system improvement initiatives, along with general efficiency improvements
- Assist in the annual audits of Wolverine entities and regulatory reviews.
- Analyze account fluctuations at the entity level on a monthly and ad-hoc basis.
- Serve as a liaison between the traders, compliance and the finance department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Some experience with General Ledger Software; Oracle E-Business Suite a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to organize multiple streams of work
- Self-motivated, able work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present internally to controller and CFO, and Trading or other Departmental managers
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, specifically)
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a developed, structured team.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
- Some work experience in public accounting or financial services firm is a plus
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.