50 Northern Ave
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Number: 557216
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drafting and negotiation of various agreements (service agreements, confidentially agreement, project statements/work orders, consulting agreements, etc.)
- Processing purchasing requisitions/orders and providing backend support as needed
- Support specific sourcing activities, including but not limited to, RFx documentation, compilation of supplier inputs, and high level analysis of results
- Define and implement sourcing strategies for the Research subcategory portfolio and will work on delivering cost reductions for spend areas such as lab supplies, capital equipment, vivarium, global CRO services/FTE outsourcing and similar Research-related subcategories.
- Perform market research to support Category strategies and/or sourcing activities with the ability to filter data into a relevant, actionable format.
- Support the Supplier Performance/Relationship Management process for Research Category.
- Provide project management oversight of the RFx process including, but not limited to, the development of the requirements, drafting RFP documents, facilitation of team meetings and vendor sessions, negotiation of terms and pricing with the vendors, and ultimately execution of a Supplier Agreement.
- Serve as Administrator for global eProcurement tool to maintain and update master data, process updated pricing catalogs, manage spend direction/analytics and other configurations.
Qualifications: Technical Skills
- Solid understanding of basic Strategic Sourcing process steps and contracting process; ideally with 1-3 years of past experience in a Sourcing and/or Sourcing Analyst role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, working knowledge of ERP systems, and sourcing tools Proven negotiation and supplier management skills. Strong analytical capabilities (data analysis and benchmarking research) as well as PowerPoint skills (generate compelling and powerful presentations)
- Basic understanding of Continuous Improvement tools (including Pareto Charts, Flow Diagrams, etc.)
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Thrives working in collaborative, team environment; ability to cultivate and maintain effective business partner relationships through earned respect and trust
- Results-oriented; dependable to complete assigned tasks on-time; puts in the necessary time and effort to meet deadlines without prompting
- “Go getter” attitude with drive to learn
- Excellent organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects / initiatives at same time
- Demonstrates highest integrity and trust; accepts responsibility for own actions
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year College or University
- 2-3 Years of specific Procurement or Sourcing experience in R&D spend categories, ideally within a biotech environment.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.