Job Category: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 548818
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have combined experience in public and private companies, with prior experience in public accounting preferred. This individual will be a strategic thinker with proven ability to get into the details, multi-task and see areas to completion. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Manage general ledger and financial reporting process for assigned areas, including month-end and year-end closings
- Prepare journal entries for entry into the general ledger system monthly by collecting necessary data, analyzing and/or allocating costs and preparing audit trail support for the journal entries.
- Analyze general ledger accounts for accuracy; analyze accrual accounts to ensure proper expensing and estimates.
- Collect and analyze financial data and prepare monthly financial statements and/or management reports. Perform additional analysis for explanations required for management reports.
- Partner with other departments to improve efficiency and accuracy of recording transactions in general ledger and subledgers.
- Assist with the maintenance and application of internal controls.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports and analytical projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations with proper support and backup.
- Assist with reviews of contracts for application of accounting policy.
- Gain an understanding of and assist with federal, state, and local governmental regulatory filings.
- Other projects as defined by Management
- Liaison with the firm's external CPA firm for annual audits, responsible for the preparation of working papers for annual audit.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, with five or more years of previous experience with a mix of public accounting and private industry a plus.
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Business with five or more years of previous experience, including public accounting.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- CPA designation preferred, with experience in public accounting a plus.
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Advanced accounting experience with payroll, benefits, employee expenses, multiple system reconciliations, and intercompany experience may be required.
- Hands-on, self-motivated individual with strong communication, leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with automating accounting processes/transactions
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team contributing to a positive team spirit
- Strong Excel and accounting system skills
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.