201 Burlington Road
Job Category: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 566669
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Review of revenue contracts and preparation of memorandum documentation in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Develop and maintain robust tracking and monitoring processes to ensure complete and accurate recording of revenues, including royalty, license and milestone related revenues
- Compiles data from disparate sources and from various departments to identify and assess achievement of revenue recognition criteria
- Develop revenue recognition guidelines (“Play book”) for business use in negotiations and modeling of opportunities
- Partnering with FP&A in the review and analysis of revenue recognition (commercial product, Pharma Services, licensing, etc.) to enhance forecast accuracy
- Provides accurate and timely processing of month end, quarter end and year end financial close requirements; Prepare and/or review entries and account reconciliations related to revenue; Close collaboration with FP&A team on monthly revenue variance analysis
- Effectively communicate with FP&A, Commercial and Corporate Development to develop and maintain revenue tracking and revenue recognition data sets
- Contribute to the planning and assessment of new initiatives or business cases (i.e. M&A, licensing etc.) as needed;
- Prepare presentation and training materials as needed to support continuous development for various departments of revenue recognition knowledge
- Provide actionable insight on performance against business unit KPI’s
- Support Finance team’s facilitation of cross-functional implementation of new or improved processes/systems for all related financial systems critical to core organizational functions
- Manage multiple projects, indirect reports and competing priorities simultaneously
- Develop and maintain relationships with various levels of personnel
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and projects as required
- Challenge processes and the status quo to drive improvements
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent. MBA and/or CPA certification preferred, not required.
- Minimum years of experience: 5+, 2+ revenue recognition focus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to provide meaningful analysis and controls.
- Life Sciences industry experience/knowledge preferred
- Demonstrate strong business acumen.
- Strong understanding of GAAP, focused on ASC 606 and other relevant revenue recognition standards.
- Experience in performing technical research and writing position papers
- Feel comfortable challenging business partners and make recommendations.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Roll up the sleeves attitude and demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Ability to oversee and build development of others in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with individuals across all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative, team environment with tight deadlines.
- Commitment to quality and excellence, upholding the highest professional standards.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.