1150 Plaza Five Jersey City, NJ 07311
Job Category: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 552726
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Payment Processing Specialist
Location: Jersey City, NJ
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Computer Skills
The Payment Processing Specialist is responsible for processing various currency payment instructions in accordance with Firm policy and procedure. Payment instructions may be a manual instruction such as fax or an automated instruction such as swift or our worldview. S/he will be responsible for entering/verifying manual instructions or repairing/verifying automated instructions in a fast paced and deadline driven environment while ensuring standards of quality and controls are met. Finally, at times, s/he will need to process/research the instructions in the Keystone system as well as respond to internal inquiries from Account Executives and internal areas.
- Demonstrate quality working relationships with others in the group as well as internal parties.
- Demonstrate responsiveness to client needs and a proactive approach toward problem avoidance
- Communicate professionally and constructively with team members as well as clients and internal parties
- Demonstrate and display teamwork with fellow co-workers by: assisting in daily responsibilities, valuing differences, building positive work relationships and demonstrating flexibility.
- Identify, escalate and communicate risks appropriately
- Ensure all instructions are appropriately processed in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to company policies and procedure and the various processing deadlines.
- Escalate unclear instruction to management
- Making recommendations for control improvements
- Promptly and accurately follow new or updated procedures
- Help reduce number of errors, receivables and E&O's by suggesting control procedures or introducing automation.
- Demonstrate responsiveness to inquiries by responding to in a timely manner with thoughtful solutions which prevent problems and provide quality service
- Seek to understand all processes, procedures and practices; challenge those that don’t make sense
- Identify opportunities to improve the FT payment processing
- Identify and escalate manual instruction that has potential for automation or non-STP’d automated instruction with incorrect formatting in order to increase STP rate
- Optimize productivity, while balancing the need to meet each client’s deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Detail oriented
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Strong typing skills
- Knowledge of USD and Foreign Currency Payment Processing, Keystone & RightFax a strong plus
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.