100 Passaic Ave Fairfield, NJ 07004
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Customer Service
Job Number: 560214
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Patient Support Specialist
Location: Fairfield, NJ
Hourly Range: $18.18-$19.63/hr
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k
- High school degree or GED
- Call center experience
- Experience with pharmacy benefits, healthcare insurance, or medical billing a plus
- Bilingual English and Spanish greatly preferred
- Call Center operating metrics and performance management experience
- Knowledge of pharmacy benefits, health care insurance, and/or medical billing
- Experience with call center software (SelectRx, Pro-Care, FSV) is a huge asset
The Patient Support Specialist, under the direction of the Supervisor, is responsible for providing patient health care services enabling access to care for prescription medications. This individual will be interacting directly with patients, physicians, and/or pharmacies related to providing access to care on behalf of our client’s copay assistance programs. This individual is part of a highly concierge ‘white glove’ service team that will manage the patient experience from start to finish by providing program information, eligibility, reimbursement support, and general assurances and ease of use in supporting our client’s copay assistance programs. This position requires someone with extreme customer empathy soft skills, experienced in patient care / health care case management engagement.
- Responds to inbound phone calls and claims (as well as outbound calls) to/from patients, physicians, and pharmacies, services their access to care and reimbursement needs and responds. Focus on patient empathy and the consumer experience with the goal to assure our patients on ease of use of program goals and ultimately driving access to care and medication adherence. Based on volume, may also process claims and/or may answer phones.
- Refers requests for escalation as needed and engages other internal areas such as Program Management, IT and other Contact Center teams to resolve issues.
Performs other assignments as needed
- 1+ years in a health care or case management experience in a high-volume contact center environment or similar environment preferred
- Experience working in pharmacy benefits, health care insurance, and/or medical billing (preferred)
- Call Center operating metrics and performance management experience (a plus)
- Knowledge of pharmacy benefits, health care insurance, and/or medical billing (a plus)
- Will be trained to support programs, clients and/or job functions as appropriate
- Some experience with any Third-Party system (SelectRx, Pro-Care, FSV) (a plus)
- Experience with Call Center software (Five9, In-Contact, or similar) (a plus)
- Fluent in English/Spanish (a plus).
- Communication skills: ability to convey information in easy-to-understand language. Actively listens; Uses writing effectively to create documents, Uses correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Customer Focus; high level of empathy and emotional intelligence; Focuses on opportunity to service patients with a high level of empathy
- Adaptability: Adapts to a variety of situations easily and effectively navigates situations
- Problem Solve; Thinks critically, and problem-solves issues to resolution
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.