2021 McKinney Ave #2000
Job Category: Administrative
Job Number: 548183
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Location: Dallas, Texas
Work Type: Onsite
Pay Range: $60,000 - $100,000/ye base + bonus
Provides lawyers and other legal personnel with executive-level administrative and secretarial assistance and support; ability to proactively manage all aspects of high-level professionals in a fast paced environment; coordinates and maintains effective office procedures and efficient work flow; follows policies and procedures set by the Firm; establishes and maintains harmonious working relationships with top level management, supervisors, co-workers, and clients by performing the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Manages U.S. & Foreign travel arrangements by securing and finalizing air, hotel, rail and car reservations and ensuring accuracy in scheduling all aspects of travel. Prepares and tracks travel expense reports and other business related expenses using the electronic Accounting system and prepares detailed itineraries.
- Manages and tracks reimbursements of other firm and client related expenses, such as entertainment, recruiting, etc. using the electronic Accounting system.
- Maintains electronic calendar of meetings and appointments, and proactively advises lawyers of responsibilities in advance of commitment. Coordinates luncheons and schedules conference rooms for meetings using the electronic room scheduler.
- Reads, responds and highlights emails of importance and keeps lawyers apprised of pressing matters. Develops and maintains email filing system and ensures proper archiving of same. Monitors spam folder for work related emails.
- Inputs and maintains contacts in Outlook for assigned lawyers, pursuant to lawyer's preference.
- Maintains list of principal contacts or working group lists for each client and matter.
- Receives, screens and transmits telephone calls to lawyers and takes messages as necessary, with recognition of and attention to the particular needs of clients. Schedules conference calls for lawyers and effectively manages conflicting appointments. Conveys all necessary information needed for conference calls.
- Creates, maintains and updates all client litigation files on a daily basis in accordance with standards set by the Records Management Center using the electronic Records Management database and maintains other files as needed. Must have thorough knowledge of indexing litigation files. Maintains current files for all correspondence.
- Facilitates work with the Accounting Department to coordinate and manage tracking of client bills, analyze billing data, and respond to client inquiries/requests. Processes, tracks and apprises status of new business forms, new client/matter reports and conflict of interest checks.
- Drafts, inputs and tracks daily time entries for lawyers in electronic Time Billing System, and proofreads and edits time entries for accuracy.
- Proofreads and revise all documents, including engagement letters, PowerPoint presentations, memoranda, audit letters, client deliverables, and other correspondence, etc., for accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and syntax, and drafts correspondence.
- Coordinates and quality checks work performed by Support Services for prompt production and delivery of documents.
- Manage lawyers’ CLEs to ensure hours are accurate and reported appropriately
- Performs other job-related duties such as compiling notebooks and exhibits, and preparing documents in connection with bar association activities. Also performs other administrative tasks as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three or more years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word, legal terminology and formats (legal documents).
- Law Firm Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to type 50-60 wpm
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.