135 Constitution Boulevard
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Number: 564146
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing all job duties with a high level of professionalism and to work closely with the VP, HR and the Plant Manager. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment/employment, onboarding, employee relations, benefits administration, performance management, training, policy implementation, safety, and employment law compliance.
- Administers various HR plans and procedures for worksite personnel.
- Conducts recruitment effort for worksite personnel and temporary employees; serves as primary contact for staffing agencies, conducts new-employee orientations; and works with both the Sr. Corporate Recruiter and the hiring manager when recruiting and placing job postings for direct hire positions.
- Partners with the Benefit Manager for worksite benefits administration, including onboarding, claims, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Partners with Production and Administrative Management to process payroll
- Handles employee relations counseling, coaching, and exit interviewing.
- Monitors the performance evaluation program for the manufacturing plant and recommends changes as necessary. Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Monitors our org charts and the employee directory for worksite accuracy.
- Maintains worksite human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains worksite compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Assists in the development and implementation of our personnel policies and procedures, employee handbook, and other company policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing HR department goals, objectives and systems.
- Participates in HR administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the HR department and its services.
- Promotes worksite safety and is a member of the 5s and safety team.
- Promotes our Core Values and champions the development of core values in the workplace.
- Conducts work with integrity, objectivity, competence, fairness, confidentiality, professionalism, and diligence.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
A Bachelor's degree and 2-5 years of HR experience, or a Master's degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience
Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
Organized and efficient in daily tasks
Proven ability to work in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.