50 Post Office Square
Job Category: Administrative
Job Number: 552888
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Boston, MA or New York, NY
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience plus 1-2 years of event planning experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and experience with Access and Mail Merge
- Strong Attention to details and ability to multi-task
The Event Planner is an experienced professional with the ability to manage administration and logistics in a busy meetings and event environment. The Event Planner will assist with the coordination of up to 200 events per year. S/He must be able to anticipate project needs, prioritize work, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work evenings and weekends as necessary. The Event Planner provides outstanding client service, is an enthusiastic professional and is able to build relationships with internal and external clients and vendors.
Event Planning & Production:
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate decor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.).
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revise room layouts for each event.
- Oversee event registration including tracking attendance and reservations.
- Compile all costs into a single event budget.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare name tags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to clients for each project
- Keep track of event finances, including invoicing and monthly management reporting
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested
Education level and/or relevant experience(s):
- BS Degree required
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years Event Planning experience preferred
Knowledge and skills (general and technical):
- Excellent communication skills; including written and verbal and proofreading skills
- Proficient PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Mail Merge, Email & Internet Research)
- Excellent client services skills
- Ability to multi-task; managing multiple projects and work assignments, all with great attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills both in person and over the phone with the highest level of professionalism
- Team player but also able to work independently with little supervision
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Available to work overtime when necessary
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.