One Boston Medical Center Place Boston, MA 02118 , 1st floor
Job Category: Administrative
Job Number: 567930
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Community Programming and Volunteer Services Specialist
Location: Boston, MA
- HS diploma
- Microsoft Office (proficient)
- Healthcare experience
- Past volunteer experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with databases, familiarity with Vogistics preferred
- Program/Events planning, experience with volunteers or as a volunteer.
User of the VSys volunteer tracking database:
- Assist volunteers throughout the application and onboarding process. Including scheduling phone screens and volunteer orientations, collecting paperwork and updating volunteer records.
- Monitor volunteer requirement of entering volunteer hours through volunteer tracking system VSys, send reminders to volunteers and volunteer supervisors regarding non-compliance
- Supports planning, coordination, and implementation of departmental program-related activities and events.
- Performs office related duties such as handling scanning, filing, photocopying collating materials
- Track and report volunteer metrics, evaluate results and think creatively about program developments
- Maximizes the capabilities of VSys to increase efficiency and tracking and reporting of volunteer information
- Provide continuous updates to the system to ensure maximum efficiency
- Assists with the coordination and communication for volunteer recognition events.
- Supports the Community Programming and Volunteer Services outreach and education efforts to key departments within the Boston Medical Center community.
- Supports the Community Programming and Volunteer Services outreach efforts between Boston Medical Center and professional, educational and community organizations.
- Conform to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes Boston Medical Center’s behavioral standards as the basis for decision-making and to facilitate the hospital’s goals and mission.
- Follow established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things. Builds and maintains strong relationships with managers, colleagues, clients and candidates.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates date accuracy and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, prioritizes competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Team Player – the individual exhibits a positive attitude and a willingness to help others.
- Self-starter – the individual is able to perform tasks with little to no supervision
- Proficiency with the MS suite, to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with databases, familiarity with Vogistics preferred. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of personal initiative to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- A highly creative person who "thinks outside of the box" with a positive enthusiasm and abundance of energy is desired.
- Demonstrates success maintaining positive working relationships.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, oral and written skills required.
- Able to work with sensitive and highly confidential information.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.