8 Oak Park Drive
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Administrative
Job Number: 541126
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer a high volume of calls from patients and give a high level of customer service while maintaining a satisfactory response rate according to company standards.
- Retrieve voice messages from mail box and return patient calls within 24 hours. Research inquiry if needed.
- Respond to patient requests by telephone, fax or email; review request, provide information requested or determine who can best provide appropriate information and route the request to the proper person
- Provide patient with their claim balance as requested.
- Update patient’s insurance information in the system and then re-bill to the new insurance carrier. If requested update patient’s address in the system.
- Perform daily mailings of letters to patients and HCFA claim forms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the duties.
Education (degrees, certificates, licenses, etc.)
High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
Demonstrated ability to use the appropriate data collection and word processing software, prior Microsoft Word, Excel, and internet software experience required
One to two years related call center experience preferred; customer service experience required.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Ability to simultaneously converse over the phone, problem solve, and enter data in the client software data base.
- Must possess a pleasant telephone voice/manner.
- Ability to add, to subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. This ability will encompass using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers or fellow employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, use hands, talk, hear and occasionally walk and reach with hands or arms
- Bilingual in English and Spanish desired
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.